Monday, September 22, 2008

Can't Wait to See You!

We got to have dinner with the O'Connors Friday night, and the Nwankwos on Saturday. What a great weekend. Although Bo was a bit of a bully and kept plucking the pacifier out of Sam's mouth. Not very nice. We were so excited to meet them; and delighted with how great Sammy s doing, and that they were going to get to fly home and be reunited as a family, too!

We had a crazy busy time getting everybody home yesterday. Bo was a great traveller. He slept through both flights. Passengers and crew both thanked and congratulated me in turn; as if I had anything to do with it.

We were all whipped and had deep sleep in our own beds. While Bo seems less gaggy, he ran a temperature last night, which as recurred this afternoon. So they drew labs and he missed his feeding clinic, again.

My knee-jerk reaction would be to crawl under my desk and hide. But since I am an adult, I will get through my email and go home to do laundry. Sigh.

It never ends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog. I have a 3-year-old daughter with short gut syndrome who is on nightly TPN and tube feeds 22 hours per day. We are planning on taking her to disneyland and wondering how you travelled with TPN. Please let me know if you have any tips/advice.
Thanks,
Candice (candistar@hotmail.com)